Thursday 5 August 2010

Strawberry fields forever

Today is a new day, and as we embark upon a journey towards the end of winter we are blessed by nature giving us next to perfect strawberries the flavour is full and rich, perfect ph and sugar levels, offer an explosion of juice into the mouth,
Now when I think strawberries I'm instantly drawn to the quintessential beatles song strawberry fields, now to recreate a strawberry field not the easiest thing so I begin to draw inspiration from a bit of a slacker in the restaurant world my mate Rene from Noma in Copenhagen, only owns the best restaurant in the world he plates a dish like this




-so with Rene and his dish in mind I embark upon my journey
Here are a few ways I tried plating "strawberry fields"









The next on our ever existing quest for culinary perfection is a chefs table comprising of 8 seats, in which we won't just take you through the steps of eating haute cuisine we will capture you and take you on an extravagent journey through food and where it comes from and how we treat it
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment