Thursday 24 February 2011

Foam


I was a bit distressed because a delivery I required with our hydro colloids for foams etc and siphon canisters has not arrived. I needed to get a pineapple foam urgently and no product left. I remembered that I gad a small amount of gellan and thought "lets try this". I simply placed .05gm to 150ml into the freshly juiced pineapple with 50ml simple syrup and .05gm  citric acid. I tried Mixing it in the bowl on a medium speed and It did not work to well. Besides that it was getting to warm to serve the foam. I decided in a last attempt to add Liquid Nitrogen and wow what a great result, it held better than expected and kept the structure extremely well. I guess for back up and being challenged we have to constantly think of ways to complete the job and this is how great discoveries are made.


1 comment:

  1. If i had a dollar for every pixel on the screen of that video, id have a dollar.

    ReplyDelete