Thursday 29 April 2010

Great day for it




Today towards the end of April drizzling into that cold drab part of the year, I happened upon a couple of portions of salmon and some old beetroot juice. After gaining some inspiration from my good mate Jamie Oliver who spent some time in Sweden, I decided that I needed to cure the salmon with the beetroot.
Equal parts sugar and salt a wee bit of dill and of course the beetroot juice.
6 hours later we are ready to play,
I made a sour cream, mustard, horseradish and dill, gel. A emulsion of butter and asparagus stock to cool my asparagus tips and bodies for garnish, some dill "devils forks" and I still wasn't content. The size was perfect for a glass to fit neatly over the top. We decided smoke but what would we smoke, vegetables and fruits were to fresh and moist. Loose leaf tea became an obvious solution, after burning a few differant varieties hula girl we knew was just perfect.
After a days work we have a solid base for a dish
D

No comments:

Post a Comment