Monday 26 April 2010

LN2

One of the newest acquisitions to the kitchen is a pressurized 50L vat of containing liquid nitrogen. We have had it filled a couple of times now, they come once a month or so and it's about a dollar a litre. It boils at 77 K or −196 °C. Brrr.

22 June 2005: World's fastest ice cream maker is polymer physicist Peter Barham from the University of Bristol, smashed his own world record by shaving two seconds off the time it took him to make a litre of ice cream, it only took him 18.78 seconds, though Barham says he can go faster.

I didn't think to time how long it tool to make my avocado icecream for the next upcoming tasting menu. But I did take a quick photo of the process.






Nitrogen was first liquefied at the Jagiellonian University on 15 April 1883 by Polish physicists, Zygmunt Wróblewski and Karol Olszewski. I bet they thought, I bet we could make some sweet as frozen deserts with this technology aye?
J

No comments:

Post a Comment