Tuesday 20 July 2010

Textures of chocolate




After cruising through mutiple sources of my collected literature from magazines to the almost library of cook books I have a need to fill a void left by my fine dining upbringing, I look to my notes from quay a spread in gourmet travellor on Peter gilmores now 8 textured chocolate cake (btw a must for anyone to eat before you die), a spread in food and wine Asia about Albert adrias 12 textures of chocolate and alineas many breakdowns of the molecular integrity of chocolate
I look to the already known textures but staying away from the obvious gels and foams




The first is dark chocolate aero
Then milk chocolate fudge
Then white chocolate namelaka
Then caramelised white chocolate
Then chocolate paint
Then of course alineas malleable chocolate
Oh and of course tempered chocolate sheets
Just out of frame is a nitro poached chocolate ice cream(still not perfected)
A blog read today has inspires chocolate and gellan (I'll keep you posted)

I feel I'm still a mear shadow in my idles footsteps but I feel I'm on my way.
Let me know what you think


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment